Friday, October 23, 2009

Week 4 Blog 2

I finished Jurassic Park (the book). It was, as a whole, a great book. What I don’t understand is why Dr. Grant doesn’t destroy the velociraptor nests at the end. That’s what they went to the nests to do, yet they didn’t destroy them. It makes no sense to me.
The velociraptors watching the boat at the end amazes me. The concept that another creature could understand that to get across the water it needs to ride on something impresses me. As far as I can recall, no animal knows how to do this. I realize that the velociraptors are fictional, but it is possible they really were that smart. Animals that wish to migrate have to stay on land if they’re land-bound creatures, in the air if their aerial creatures (discounting landing every so often) and in the water if they’re aquatic. To go from one habitat to another to get to another habitat the same as the first, though in a different place is not something seen in the animal world. Boats are a purely human invention; no other animal has used the concept of a boat.
Oh, small comment on Hammond: he’s a dumbass. Hmm, this Park’s failed, the dinosaurs have escaped, a lot of people have died; I think I’ll go somewhere else and open another park. I’m glad he’s dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment