Friday, November 13, 2009
Week 7 Blog 2
Contact’s good so far. I find the debate between religion and science annoying. I am not religious at all. I think religion is good, as long as it is limited to what it really is: a moral code. If we want peace on Earth we need to recognize that we are all human beings. A difference of religion is not a legitimate justification for any sort of violence or hate. If you can’t prove your religion is the correct one with actual proof, how do you know that the other religion is wrong? You can’t know. There is no way to prove any of the religions true or false. This is why I love science and mathematics. Everything is set. There may be random variables that we can’t account for, say the movement of air molecules, but otherwise everything is completely proven or determined to be a theory. Scientists admit that theories may not be correct. This is one huge advantage over religion. Most people will not believe or even admit that maybe another religion got it right. Scientists are required to have a flexible base of beliefs that can be changed with a single theory or experiment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment