We finished watching the movie Contact. I liked contact. I liked that the science behind everything mostly worked. I have trouble with the television signals though. I doubt another civilization would have been able to determine that the signals we broadcasted were television signal and actually tune in to them. It’s unlikely that another civilization would have developed TVs that tuned in to signals and display signals the same way we built our TVs to do. Maybe they could adjust the signal, but what if they all made their TVs in a circular shape? It would be hard for them to understand why there was extra data and maybe they’d distort the image to make it fit. There are simply too many variables to know how this would work, if it would work at all.
The worm hole transport thing was interesting. I don’t understand how the metal of the sphere turns transparent. And yet the rest of the sphere doesn’t? If the sphere turns transparent, it’s unlikely that it turns transparent in only the visible spectrum. If it doesn’t filter radiation, the doctor (forgot her name, I’m bad with names) would have been fried or at least highly irradiated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment