Friday, September 11, 2009

Week 1 Blog 2

To say the least, I could strangle the girl in Random Sample. She is pure evil. I can’t blame the aliens for burning up the human city, and presumably the rest of the human world. Calling the psychiatrist a Billy goat, kicking the aliens because they didn’t bow to her, blackmailing the psychiatrist in order to get some candy… Hell, I’d burn up humanity too after meeting this girl. Fortunately, she doesn’t exist, she’s fictional. If aliens somehow visit the earth, and they are intelligent, I hope, nay pray (this is unusual as I’m an atheist) that they meet reasonable, kind human beings, not a little devil child.
The Atomic Cafe video came as welcome comic relief from the evilness of Random Sample. The Duck and Cover song was really funny. I’m a little curious why many old films, such as this one, have sped up video for sections in which nobody is talking. For some reason, I find it amusing having film sped up, it makes people look all jittery. However, despite all the comedic elements, I was a little surprised and scared by the military’s willingness to send in volunteers right after a nuclear blast just to see what levels of radiation they experienced. That’s incredibly dangerous for the volunteers who will likely die early deaths due to cancer caused by radiation. Don’t send in humans. If the military really needs to see the effects of radiation, send in pigs; just not humans. Although, if the humans are stupid enough to deliberately put themselves at such enormous risk maybe they deserve their fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment