Monday, November 16, 2009

Week 9 Blog 2 (Movie Blog 2)

It really bugs me when a star ship in some SciFi movie crash lands, or even lands on purpose, on a completely random planet and there happens to be oxygen there. Not once throughout the whole of Pitch Black did I see a single plant or other living thing that might produce oxygen.
Another issue with the movie: there were thousands upon thousands of those flying alien things. Now, I’d like to know how they survive down in the depths where there probably isn’t any food. They can’t be hibernating, as there are small versions, what I assume are babies flying through the coring room. The babies show that the creatures are breeding, and as far as I know, nothing can mate and reproduce while completely asleep.
Otherwise, I like the movie. There are a few more problems I have with the movie, but I think I’ll stop complaining. The other movie in the series is awesome. The Chronicles of Riddick is great. It’s a better SciFi story than Pitch Black, but we decided to do Pitch Black because The Chronicles of Riddick didn’t have anyone being eaten in it. To put in Soylent Green elements, we needed people to get eaten.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the lack of scientific accuracy can be frustrating. You make good points. 10/10

    ReplyDelete